Hey RunfromtheHEART family!
We completed our 1st marathon! Thank you so much for your love, support and money to raise money for The HEART program!
I want to share my learnings of my first marathon from a running and life perspective.
READ, ENJOY AND SHARE! 🙂
- The veterans told me to start slow: they were RIGHT
- If you’re running in a different region: get a good couple of runs in before hand to adapt to the climate and terrain
- Don’t run other peoples race although running with people can be good (Know yourself, everyone is running for different reasons and paces)
- Make sure you have a solid poop before you run! (No seriously)
- Know the course and drive it before if possible
- Rest is KEY because it will take everything out of you. I burned almost 3,000 calories
- Running light is right. Load up on food before but be careful 😉
- HYDRATE. HYDRATE. HYDRATE.
- Focus on where you’re at (Be present)
- Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance (Or blowing up in a race but that’s running life it happens)
- Aim at a distance/ goal you can see in front of you and keep extending it when you’re tired. (SMART goals basically)
- Take it day by day/ mile by mile/ checkpoints. (Doesn’t make the mountain/marathon seem as daunting)
- Don’t panic when things don’t go as planned just adapt and see how you can get to the main goal (for me it was finishing my first marathon 1 hour and a half behind my goal time)
- Dream BIG! (You’re running a marathon for goodness sakes!)
- NEVER GIVE UP!!! (You are built for this life!)
Thanks for reading and stay tuned! Next marathon will be announced soon!
Make sure you subscribe to the journey below, share this post and donate HERE!
Let’s RunfromtheHEART together